Friday, January 9, 2015

#BeTRUtoYou....

On January 1st, I began taking part in the new Train Dirty Fitness Ambassador program #BeTRUtoYou.  The focus is for every girl to be the best she can possibly be.  We each have the ability to impact ourselves, other people and the world in a positive way.  Each week, we are given specific tasks to focus on ourselves and the community.

Week One:  Be the Change You Want to See

This week, we concentrated on looking at ourselves in a more positive way, focusing on our self-esteem and getting rid of self-doubt.  We began saying positive "I AM" affirmations on a daily basis.  In order to do this, we put positive characteristics on post-it notes and placed them in places we frequented throughout the day.  Every time we see them, we say them out loud to affirm to ourselves that we are indeed a special person.

I wrote down five positive things about myself.  I am STRONG!  Everyone goes through struggles, and like everyone else, I have had my fair share.  But God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and I have shown not just myself but others that I am strong and I can push through anything.  I am BRAVE.  As I have gotten older, I have realized that I need to try new things and not be afraid.  Anything is possible.  So I try to look at any new thing that comes my way as something new to accomplish.  I am bold and I can do it.  I am FULL of COMPASSION!  I have a tender heart and I love making people happy.  A lot of people see this as me being a people pleaser, but I see it as me being selfless.  I truly enjoy making others happy and doing random things for them whether they are aware of it or not.  I am BEAUTIFUL INSIDE and OUT!  It's taken me a long time to love myself.  I have learned through the past years that first of all, what's on the inside is most important but also that the outside only radiates that which is within.  That means no matter my size, the number on the scale or anything else, I am beautiful inside and out.  And finally, I am GOOD ENOUGH!  I have learned too over the last few years that all I have to be is me.  I am an original and no one can be a better me than I can.  I don't have to be fake or someone I'm not.  I just have to be me and that's Good Enough!

Weekly Community Service #operationsuitcase #Sheilasdaughter


This week we focused on women who needed help...those women who have to flee to a women's shelter often with nothing but the clothes on their backs.  We are taking part in a mission to help these women have something they can call their own...their own bag, a change of clothes and a few products to make them feel clean and better.  My heart was touched when I was reading this out to my daughter.  She immediately said, "Can I do it too?"  So the two of us packed a bag not just for a women but for the daughter than may come with her.  They both have a change of clothes, their own bag, toiletries to help them feel new again and even an added "feel good item" of shower gel and lotion (not something that's needed necessarily but something to make them feel special).

This week is only the beginning but already I am so excited for the growth in myself and my daughter who watches and participates as well.  I absolutely love all the fitness challenges that come my way, but it's very nice to focus on the inside and making a difference in not just myself, but maybe someone else and even the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment