Monday, June 2, 2014

#sharesomethinginspiring Week Two

This has been another fabulous week with the Twitter challenge called #sharesomethinginspiring.  It's been a lot of fun to follow my fellow #sweatpink sisters and see all their inspiring posts.  You can still get involved...just follow the challenges each day and don't forget to use #sharesomethinginspiring and #sweatpink and of course tag @LornaJaneActive and @FitApproach.

So here's my recap of the week....

Share something inspiring about a blogger you inspires you.  Well, for me it's without a doubt Ashley Johns from Fierce Forward for Life.  I have been honored to be a part of her Fierce Forward Nation group and have been recently participating in the Sisterhood of the Fierce Traveling Journals.  She has shown me what it's like to be Fierce, not give up and follow my dreams even if they seem impossible.  I even have one of her fabulous Strength bracelets to remind me that I am strong and there is nothing out of my reach.

Share something about a personal accomplishment.  My biggest accomplishment as many know is to be healthy.  In the past three years, I have lost almost a hundred pounds.  I have never felt better, not just physically but mentally too.  It's amazing how much confidence you gain just by being fit and healthy.  And now, I'm on my way to be a certified personal trainer through NASM and have already started helping people reach their goals in my new personal training job.

Share anything that inspires you.  I found this quote here and it really hit home.  So this was my inspiration for the day.

Share something inspiring to anyone who needs it.    I have a fellow Train Dirty Fitness sister Jenna who has become a sweet friend of mine.  She always seems to encourage me when I need it and I just wanted to post something special for her.  Sometimes as moms in our day to day lives, we forget that we are special and beautiful.  I just wanted to remind her that she is too.


Share something about your family.  I am adopted and found my birth family about 17 years ago.  Just recently my niece was married in Costa Rica and I made the trip with
my brother and sister.  I love that even though we spent half our lives apart, we have a wonderful relationship now.  I am so blessed to have found them.

Share something inspiring that makes you laugh.  One of my favorite funny fitness posts I see are the ones of the little babies and little toddlers doing fitness things.  This one in particular just made me laugh.  It reminds me that part of the reason I want to be fit and healthy is for my daughter, so I can be a role model for her.

Share something about taking a leap of faith.  Through the past few years, I have had to make a lot of hard decisions.  It's difficult not to just press forward and not look back.  I have learned that I only need to focus on the present - not the past and not the future.  Just one day at a time.  But I also need to take that leap of faith.




No comments:

Post a Comment