Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Happy National Running Day!

Today is national running day!  It reminds me of my first 5K in August of 2010.  It was Hot Summer Nights in downtown Columbia, and let me tell you....it was HOT!!!!  But it was so much fun.  I have done that race every year since then with the goal of beating my last year's time, and so far I have met that goal.  It's hard to believe I have been running for almost four years now.  It's gone by so fast.  Throughout that time, my interests have changed as far as exercise.  I'm more into weight lifting and strength training, but I still do love to get our there and pound the pavement.

I have done a lot of thought recently about training for another half marathon.  I really would love to tackle a full marathon one day but will definitely need someone to train with me....any takers?  Well, today since it's National Running Day, I have decided to go ahead and get my training plan together for my next half marathon.  I think I will do the Savannah Rock and Roll again in November because hey - that's my favorite so far and it's a great weekend trip.  So...for now I will sign off and get started on putting together my plan.  But first, I'm headed out the door to get in a few miles because that would just be awful not to do it on National Running Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment